Monday, February 9, 2009

It's Offical

It's official, am going to give Drew a kidney on February 19. I had an appointment with the laparoscopic surgeon today, he could have made me lose more weight but he gave me his approval. Normally they take the left kidney because the vein is longer but they will be taking my right. Apparently I have two arteries to my left kidney and only one to my right which makes it easier on the transplant surgeon. Our surgery is scheduled at 0730 which means we have to be at the hospital at 0530.
Drew is such a worry wart, he started having abdominal pain this weekend thinking his Crohns disease was flaring up. I spent most of the weekend reassuring him that things are going to work out. His pain is getting much better.
We have had many offers of help from our family, friends and neighbors. I'm not quite sure how much help we will need. My brother Patrick is coming the day I should get out of the hospital and is staying the rest of the week. That will be a huge help, hopefully after that, I will be up and around and could take care of most everything else.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

How exciting! I'll keep your family in my prayers!