Saturday, April 17, 2010

Life is Back to Normal

I love the spring time, before the humidity creeps in. I love to see the flowers bloom and the smell of freshly cut grass. It has been 14 months since Drew's transplant. This time last year, Drew was struggling to plant our vegetable garden. This year, one afternoon he decided it was time and now it's done. Drew is back to his old self with boundless energy and his love of all things that grow in the dirt. The other evening while he was planting the vegetable garden, he called me outside (with his cell phone) to come look at a snake. Normally I would just say no and continue to do what I was doing. This time I was just thinking how lucky we are to be at this place in time. I was truly grateful to have Drew outside playing in the dirt. I went outside to look at the snake Drew had found. It looked like a really big earth worm but when I examined it closely I could see that yes it was a snake. That was not the only time Drew called me outside that evening. I went every time he called me. Drew sees the world differently than I do, but I enjoy his view when he shares it with me. Drew stops and smells the flowers, he notices the hawks on the light posts as we drive down the interstate. I am a very lucky person.

1 comment:

patrckb said...

You are a very blessed person indeed!