Sunday, May 10, 2009

More playing in the dirt

Today I spent all morning helping Drew "play in dirt", that's what I call his gardening. He talked about what he wanted us to do all week, he knew I would not just jump up and help him. He talked all week about what he wanted to do and how much he needed my help. We spent 4 hours digging, planting and moving landscaping rocks. We worked on an area that Drew has long ignored. It's an area that we can see when we sit in the breakfast nook (were we eat our meals together), so I really wanted the project to go forward. It was hard work and I sweated my butt off. It's not quite done, Drew is already talking about working on the project on my next day off.

Don't tell Drew but I really kinda enjoyed it this morning. I got to spend some real quality time with Drew. We used to spend Sundays on the boat but we sold our boat this spring. Drew battles skin cancer and the anti-rejection drugs cause skin cancer to grow wildly. Drew tries to avoid the sun like the plague.

No comments: