Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Time's a Coming

My husband has polycystic kidney disease. We have known this since 1989. My husband takes excellent care of himself hoping to remain healthy. We just found out Drew's lab shows he is going into renal failure and fairly soon. I am going to give him one of my kidneys if I'm compatible. this is the link to the national foundation's web site if you want to read about PKD. http://www.pkdcure.org/ We both need sponsors, someone who can watch out for us. I don't know who we are going to get.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Sorry to read the sad news, Millie. My wife has PKD and received a kidney transplant ten years ago as her kidneys were approaching the point of failure. As a fellow "spouse of the PKD patient", I can definitely relate to what you are feeling right now. I hope that all works out for you to be able to donate your kidney to Drew. I'm not sure where you live, but you might want to check if there is a local chapter of the PKD Foundation where you might be able to find some support. I also invite you to check out my blog at http://teammteddybear.blogspot.com where I've taken the time to document our PKD atory. I also maintain a list of links to other PKD-related blogs you may be interested in reading through. I wish you the best.

Bob